Friday, July 2, 2010

Therapy

Is it strange that I fantasize about going to therapy?

I honestly do.

I tell my hubby quite frequently that I can't wait to get rich and go to therapy.
(Because in my mind, we have to be rich for me to go... Strange? I think so.)


I would love to sit on a couch like this and pick through my issues, my past, my present...
and see if there are patterns to acknowledge.

"Stuff" to heal from.

But as soon as I say that to myself, I can feel a tugging in my heart from God saying,
"You can talk to me."

"You better believe I will point some gnarly stuff out... I can heal you."

Then I go and have my quiet time with Him...
and my therapy fantasy isn't so tempting anymore.

Since I am poor, (too poor for my therapy fantasy) my therapy is

Cooking!!! 
 I don't think I have mentioned that on here...

I LOVE cooking... It is one of my passions.
And so, for this holiday weekend I will leave you with two of my favorite recipes...
hoping that you will love them too!

White Wine Citrus Sangria
(adapted from Micheal Chiarello)
3 Bottles of Pinot Grigio
1 1/2 Cups Brandy
3/4 cup Orange Liqueur
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Orange, thinly sliced
1 Blood Orange, thinly sliced
3 Kumquats, sliced
1 Lime, thinly sliced

(If you cant find blood oranges or kumquats,  i have used peaches or strawberries.)

In a large pitcher, combine the wine, brandy, and orange liqueur. Pour in the sugar, stir or shake the pitcher thoroughly to mix. Add all citrus slices at once. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 hr before serving to allow the citrus flavor to come through.

Asian Glazed Boneless Ribs

Ingredients:
2lbs Boneless Country Style Pork Ribs

Glaze:
2/3 Cup Hoisin Sauce
1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
1 Garlic clove (for each rib), minced

In a small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients; blend well. Heat oven to 350 F. Place ribs in a 13x9 baking dish. Bake for 1 hour. Drain. Pour glaze over ribs, covering completely. Bake and additional 30 to 45 minutes or until ribs are tender, basting occasionally with glaze.

(This is a very economical and easy dish... Country style pork ribs are inexpensive and are sold at Sam's Club (I haven't checked Costco for them) in a large pack. You can divide it up and freeze the other portion and make it for another dinner.)

Another note... I have stuffed more than 2lbs in a 13x9... Just make sure the pan isn't too over crowded  and there is a small space between ribs.


I promise these recipes are fool proof and have been made SEVERAL times by yours truly!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. and now i'm drooling!!! i do LOVE a white wine sangria! especially one w/ Brandy!!
    i will be making this sooner rather than later.
    ohh and the ribs. yeah my family is gonna LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I too - dream of therapy. so no - it's not weird.
    i think it may have something to do w/ my love of chaise lounges though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipes, Amber! Do you know how long the sangria lasts for? Just wondering if I have to wait for an occasion to make it. :) It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Sangria will sneak up on you too! :)

    ReplyDelete